Choosing Action Duchenne as your company’s charity of the year is fantastic way to support Action Duchenne and make a genuine difference to boys and men living with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
Action Duchenne will provide fundraising ideas, materials and support from our fundraising team to ensure the partnership is successful.
Electing Action Duchenne as your charity of the year has benefits for your business. Staff morale and motivation is proven to be increased at businesses that support charities, and it’s a great way to build your brand by associating with a successful UK charity.
If you are a company that would like to know more about Charity of the Year partnerships or an employee who would like to nominate Action Duchenne we would love to hear from you. Call us on 0208 556 9955 or email email@example.com
A world with effective treatment and cure for Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy where people’s lives are no longer limited by these conditions.
- We are the longest running charity for all people affected by Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophies
- We support research to develop effective treatment and to find a cure
- We provide services, support and opportunities to help all people affected by the condition, to enable them to live better lives
- We bring skills, knowledge and resources to help improve the lives of the 2,500 people living with Duchenne in the UK
- Together we can make a difference
How we make a difference
- Before Action Duchenne was founded, the average life-expectancy for people living with Duchenne was 19, this figure now exceeds 25
- Founded in 2001 we have been supporting our families and those affected by Duchenne muscular dystrophy for 16 years
- We seek innovative routes into finding a cure, such as forming a consortium with 6 other charities to fund a 5-year post in Newcastle to develop and advance the clinical trial agenda for Duchenne
- In 2014/15 we invested £512,219 (73% of our total income) in scientific and clinical research and grants for drugs and medicines that extends the length and quality of life for those living with Duchenne and Becker
- We work together with families and people living with Duchenne to campaign, fundraise and raise awareness of the condition, such as setting up the All Party Parliamentary Group, which has spearheaded the breakthroughs in standards of care research, leading to Translarna being made available to patients with Duchenne
- We provide information and support to families living with Duchenne and Becker, through the DMD Registry (a unique database of people living with Duchenne), publications, leaflets, social media (with nearly 8k followers across Facebook and Twitter), weekly newsletters (reaching over 3k subscribers)
- Through organising the largest yearly International Conference, we bring together over 450 delegates from around the world, including people living with Duchenne, their families, carers, healthcare professionals, pharmaceutical and bio-medical companies, researchers and all individuals within the Duchenne community
- We continue to fund specialist education programmes, such as Decipha where we work with over 20 families across the UK and the Lottery Funded Takin’ Charge project helping our young people living with Duchenne
Corporate Supporters & Friends